Transfer Student Support Program
GOAL: To help transfer students build a stronger sense of belonging and safe space within the UC system. The Student Recruitment and Retention Center (SRRC) will continue to make beneficial use of the Transfer Student Support Program (TSSP) offering individual support within the group, which includes one-on-one sessions, help students navigate and utilize resources on campus to eventually guide students to a four-year degree.
Transfer Student Suppport Program (TSSP)
The goal of TSSP is to foster personal support within the transfer community. It allows students become familiar with the UC system and utilize resources on and around campus to offer academic achievement and support in any way possible.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Complete 2 tutoring/study hours per week through the Student Academic Success Center or The Lounge
- Seek TA/Professor office hour every week for each class
- Attend most TSSP workshops and 1 SRRC event each quarter
- Attend one of two biweekly meetings for the TSSP
- Complete 3 hours of TSSP/SRRC service (i.e. help with any TSSP/SRRC activity)
Once requirements are met, students will receive transcript notation (minimum of 40 hrs total).
Transfer Hour Every Thursday in the SRRC Conference Room - Student Community Center
Come join us on a discussion with other transfer students; we have different topics every week, so come check it out.
- To develop and retain a partnership with community college representatives and students to offer the best possible services to community college students who desire to transfer to a four year institution.
Collective/transfer student support Staff
Vacant, Student Director, RROC Representative
Maria Cabe, Administrative Director
Cynthia Salas, Transfer Retention Coordinator
Joanna Villegas, Transfer Outreach Coordinator
Susana Ortiz, Campus Visits Coordinator